This post contains affiliate links - using these links does not cost you anything but does wonders for us. Thank you for supporting Fairy Good Mommy!
How cute do babies look in zip up sleepers? (HINT: super cute!) It helps that they’re functional too — helping overnight nappy changes become more comfortable for both baby and parent! Not only that the right baby zip up slipper will ensure that your baby is Comfortable, Warm and Relaxed. Baby will end up getting better sleep, which in turn gives you a better sleep. Sounds like a win-win!
Things to keep in mind while choosing baby zip up sleepers
While selecting the best baby zip up sleepers, some of the things which should be kept in mind are:
- Make sure that there are no loose fitting or hanging parts attached to the Zip up sleepers which could pose as a hazard for your child.
- While choosing a design select a one that has your child’s favorite design and colors and also, see to it that the colors will not fade away quickly after a few machine washes.
- The materials of the zippers should also be appropriately chosen to ensure that it is comfortable for the baby and will not cause any discomfort or irritation to the baby’s skin.
- The weather of the location you live in also plays a vital role while choosing the best zip up sleepers for your child. If you happen to live in colder areas so to it the materials are not thin or transparent but are thick enough to insulate the baby correctly. In case you live in warmer regions, lighter and more breathable materials should be chosen to keep your baby cool and to prevent overheating.
- Another essential thing to keep in mind is that babies grow at a very rapid pace so while picking out the zip up sleepers see to it that it is a tad bigger and roomier so that your child can gradually grow into it and be comfortable wearing it for a more extended period.
Our favorite sleepers
There are a lot of online marketplaces out there which sell a lot of baby products. We head off to Amazon for a trusted experience — they’ve got the range too from the bigger brands through to the exclusive. We’ve selected some of the best zip up sleepers from Amazon for different occasions, taking price and materials in to consideration. Here’s our top 5!
- Gerber Unisex-Baby Zip up Sleepers : When we talk about quality baby products Gerber is a company which always comes to mind. Gerber is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to baby food and baby products, and they have been operating for 91 years which goes to show that they know what they are doing. The Gerber Unisex-Baby Zip up Sleepers is one of the best-selling sleepers on Amazon with a customer rating of 4.3 stars from over 1400 customers. The sleepers are full sleeved ones and cover your baby’s whole body and keep your little one warm whether it be during the summers or winters. The sleepers are made from 100 percent cotton which will ensure that your child is comfortable and warm all day long without any irritation. Cotton is also extra soft and super durable and is washing machine safe, so there are no worries about wear and tear. Gerber makes these in a variety of playful designs and bright colors which you can choose from. Since it is a Zip up sleeper, it has a zip opening in the front which begins from the neck and goes till the waist so dressing and undressing your child can be done in a jiffy. The sleeper also features a snap tab over the top part of the zipper area to protect your child’s chin. The sleeves of the Sleepers also have fitted cuffs which will make sure that they stay secure on your child’s arm. Gerber Unisex-Baby Sleepers is available for newborn kids till babies who are nine months old, and the price ranges from $9.99 to $17.99.
- Kidsform Baby Cotton Sleeveless Sleepers : The second Zip up sleeper on the list is by Kidsform. If you want to change up your style and go for a sleeveless one, then this is a good option. Kidsform has a pretty good knowledge when it comes to the understanding of what fabrics to use, the styles, colors, and trends that are in vogue and a host of other details. The Kidsform Baby Cotton Sleeveless Sleepers are made from natural fibers, and 100 percent cotton as such their products are comfortable, breathable, safe and durable as well. Design wise; it uses a single zip opening which starts from the neck and goes to the very back to make it easy for the child to slip in and out of the sleeper. It also has a separate leg design making it easy for the child to stretch freely. Since the sleepers are sleeveless, the baby can use this comfortably during their playtime as well. The Kidsform Sleeveless sleepers are available in three sizes, small for 6 to 9 months old, large for 9 to 12 months old and large for 12 to 18 months old. They are priced at $16.99.
- Luvable Friends Zippered Sleep N Play : The third Baby Zip up sleepers is the Luvable Friends Zippered Sleep N Play. These sleepers are also made from 100 percent cotton making sure that your child is kept comfortable, warm and cozy without the material causing any discomfort or irritation to your Baby’s delicate skin. They’ve got a snap cover for added safety at the top of the zip, and it’s also machine washable which is a bonus. The sleeper is available in three varieties with different color options for boys and girls, and are available in three sizes, i.e., small, medium and large — suitable for babies until around 9 months old. Their prices start at $7 and go up to around $16.
- Simple Joys by Carter’s Baby 3-Pack Sleep and Play: (Our fave for summer weight zip up sleepers)
Out of the various summer weight zip-up sleepers available on Amazon, the best one is the Simple Joys by Carter’s Baby 3-Pack Sleep and Play. The material is cotton, and this makes it one of the favorable options. This material helps to keep the body of the child cool in the summer season; cotton’s high breathability helps keep things comfortable in the warmer months.
As a set of three zip-up sleepers priced around the $25 mark, they’re quite pocket-friendly. The three sets are available in three different prints and shades, and all three shades are lighter in color so they can be more comfortable for summer. The sleeper has a full zip closure that is from chin to ankle, and the fun prints and pinstripes make the outfits quite attractive. These zip-up sleepers are available in different sizes as per the age of the child, the largest size being nine months. Because they’re made of cotton, be careful of shrinkage; if you wash it incorrectly it might not end up fitting properly! Opting for the next size than required could be a wise decision.
- Simple Joys by Carter’s Baby and Toddler Loose Fit Fleece Footed Pajamas: (our fave winter weight zip up sleepers)
Fleece zip-up sleeper is one of the best options for the children in the chilled weather. It cannot prevent cold completely, which is quite understandable but gives a touch of warmth and coziness when it comes in direct contact with the toddler’s body. One such product is Simple Joys by Carter’s Baby and Toddler Girl’s 3-pack Loose Fit Fleece Footed Pajamas. There are three sets of zip-up sleeper with zips from ankle to chin. Fleece tends to catch fire easily. But the fabric used here is imported and fire-resistant. The material is perfect for machine wash. There are various sizes available starting from zero months to 24 months. The range offers a wide array of colors from lighter shades to vibrant hues with cute animal motifs and other prints. Appliques and other small decorations on the sleeper, along with all other features, make it the best winter weight zip-up sleeper. The price of the three zip-up sleepers set ranges from $21 to $26 or so as per the size. Reviewers sometimes comment that the legs of the zip-up sleeper are a bit narrow; take this in to consideration when selecting the size.